out to lunch


thanks tia, kate and coop 
for a delightful birthday out to lunch.
since this is also my state of mind lately
cause of the anxiety of returning to work.
(i am NOT worried about jon and mr.e
cause they do dashingly together
and the delightful mr.e sleeps all night)
i am worried about me.
about being a nurse again.
about being able to focus on work.
about managing my time.
and thoughts.
my poor mind is not up to working speed yet.
my mom said right before a baby is born 
they reach back and pull out a handful of brains. 
elliot has big hands.
and i fear he pulled out of the corner of 
my brain that remembers 
drug interactions.
potential side effects to watch for.
the names of medications.
the important life threatening stuff.
but for the sake of me and my patients
i pray he pulled from the dance team corner of my brain.
cause nobody will get hurt if i forget 
the pep rally dance to the SPHS fight song.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have complete confidence that you will remember everything and all your important brain memories will come to you when you most need them. Love ya more than that cute little cafe we had lunch at. Tia