traditions

no it is not a tradition to torture small babes with lemon
but to go out to lunch with the ladies for our birthdays
my mom used to do this with her lady friends (jeri, joan, jeanne and sharon) growing up
and i was always excited to get initiate that tradition in my own life
cause lunch means lingering over your meal, chit-chatting, catching up
and having room for dessert
since i don't have close friends within 700 miles
i started this tradition with my mom and tia--
lifelong friends of mine, even if they are related--
and i look forward to it every time
happy birthday mom!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

Ahhh! I love your post. That was a great day. I love our tradition too and it's almost my birthday. Our lunch is the only reason I look forward to it! I'm so glad you posted the pic of E. eating his lemon. Hil ar i ous!

Love you more than all the birthdays I've ALREADY had and hope to have!
Blessings xoxoxo
Tia