nesting

reecie boy came 24 days early.
i was in MAJOR "nesting" mode when my water broke.
so did my vacuum.
so i went to my parents and borrowed theirs cause
i was not going to bring a baby home to a dirty house!
i had done my big shop to fill the pantry earlier that week
(i did the same thing when i was nesting with elliot-
it's the only time i ever shop at stater brothers. a week before i go into labor. strange.)
and i did have a box of diapers and a car seat to bring him home in.
we had just pulled down the bassinet and baby clothes from the attic.
i had to wash them still.
so even though my water broke- well started to leak around 8 am- i cleaned and did laundry and went to target and the library. finally went to the hospital at 4pm.
i digress.
this is not about reece's birth, but about fact that he came early
and i was NOT finished nesting!
i felt like i was going to be about 24 days behind for the rest of forever.
the pile on my dresser was as tall as me,
and reece's clothes were in little piles here and there and everywhere.
i learned it is VERY hard to nest when your baby bird has already hatched!
so i took a deep big breath and counted 1-2-3.
and soon enough that sweet baby bird of mine was sleeping more than 2-3 hour stretches at night. even 10 hours sometimes!
so when i too got some sleep i could finish a project or two. or five.
this mirror is now a HAPPY
shade of yellow and hanging
above our "linens" dresser
this dresser was originally my dads
oldie but goodie
a few cans of spray paint later...

all this nesting and our "baby bird"
sleeps in the closet
just like harry potter



the boys got our old dresser
cause it has two even sides
that works perfect for keeping things in order

i even managed to find an "arfor"
i.e. an R for reece






now the nest is in order and the baby bird is chubby and sleeping
i will have to soon go back to work. :\

1 comment:

mimiomimi said...

Thanks so much for all the new posts. You would think that I would get enough of my little guys since we get to go to church together now, but I love reading about everything going on in their lives. As for funny things they say - always remember today when Elliot sat down next to me in church, looked up and said, "What do you want to talk about, Mimi?" Gotta love it!