luvzey

this will be my first mothers day.
i have wanted to be a mom since i was about 3
but when you don't get married till your 29
it's a LONG time to wait 
for a baby of my own.

i never knew how much i could lov
a little person....
and if you don't mind my sayin
i was one heck of an aunt-
but like everyone says
it's so different when it's
your own.

cause i even love him with boogers in his nose. i love the lint that collects in his palms and eyebrow creases when he sleeps. i love when he grins at me while eating and milk drips out. i love his long fingers that he got from owsley genetics. i love his feet all curved up and buddah like. and i will love him when he has to wear forrest gump braces on those curved up feet. i love that he turns his head when he hears my voice. i love that he gets like a baby barracuda when he is hungry and snorts and attacks my chest, like it might be his last meal. i even love those quiet moments when i am nursing him at 5 am and he so peacefully falls back to sleep. (and i am sure i love that since now it's only once a night that my sleep gets interrupted.)  i love that he has to change his head positions about 17 times before he falls asleep. i love the way he stares at his daddy. i love that he burps as loud as any drunkard at a tavern and farts like a 10 year old boy. (i know i won't love those two for much longer). i love trying to guess what color his eyes might be. i love having him close to me in the bjorn when we run errands cause he does not love his car seat. i love when he makes a fist and it's a "t" in sign language. 

i love being a mom.







3 comments:

Mom said...

You made me cry, you were/are not only one heck of an aunt but you are also an outstanding daughter and as a mom - you are the bomb! (I always thought that was such a great compliment!! I love you and that boogery little gut too. Love, mom

shani z said...

thanks for all the comments mom- you too are the bomb diggity!

The Snead Family said...

soo sweet:) you are great with words! happy mothers day to you- looking forward to those walks when i get back!