the truth about talking....

so there is more to this blog
than just giving others a chance 
to stalk me...
i hope to create a little family history
a way to preserve
to remember
to capture 
what our life is like.

all my life i have been a rather avid journaler
recording everything from homework assignments in the third grade
to my lofty gymnastics goals
but as my life got more complicated with
family crisis, college, mission, more college, traveling, and dating
i wrote for therapy.

but a strange thing happened when i met jon
i stopped recording and analyzing life on paper
instead i told him all my thoughts 
and dreams and 
passions and 
fears. 
it turns out- 
jon is not an elephant
and he forgets. 

but as the late president hinckley said:

"You will have significant experiences. 
I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them,
  that you will read them from time to time 
and refresh your memory of these meaningful, 
significant things. 
Some of them may be funny. 
Some may be of significance only to you. 
Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. 
Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have certainly contributed to many of the special experiences in my lifetime (fits on the floor of Macy's not withstanding)I love your writing and your pictures, you make my heart smile. Mom