too too much

craft project gone awry= photo opt

yikes..feeling so overwhelmed!!
holiday baking i want to do.
holiday making i need to do.
birthday gifts
shower gifts
neighbor gifts
young women gifts
visiting teaching treats
home teaching treats
12 days of christmas for someone
what to get the parents?
wish i had more money
or at least more time

i passed out at work last night
while a patient was getting an epidural
right after i told the dad to sit down
so he doesn't pass out
ugh.
so embaraassing
not sure why it happened.
not my blood sugar
not pregnant
(i wish i was)
maybe cause she was squeezing my hand
SO SO SO hard
maybe cause i am overwhelmed with
"to do" lists

a wise woman,
who happens to be my best friend
and my sister
and the mother to all but one of those silly kids on the couch,
reminded me,
we fill our days with "to do" lists when we ought to
be making "to be" lists

who do i need "to be" today and this holiday season?

1 comment:

"Cottage By The Sea" said...

That pic of all the kids is darling. And Kari is spot on in her philosophy. We all have too much to do this time of of year. When did Christmas become so much about to do lists and gift giving instead of worshiping the true presense of Christ? Wish we could capture that for our families again. Love you and call me if I can help you out with anything on your list. Many hands make lighter work. Tia